Another day, another recipe for the #maltameatfreeweek challenge. It’s easy, healthy and really good! You could never tell there are black beans in them. Of course black beans are full of goodness. High in protein and fibre. This is a super quick recipe for a delicious plate of brownies for all the family.
- 1 1/2 cups black beans cooked or from a can (well rinsed)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips (Don’t leave these out!)
- optional: more chips, for presentation
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and mix very well in a food processor until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased oven proof pan.
- Optional: Add extra chocolate chips on top of the brownies.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. If they still look a bit undercooked, place them in the fridge overnight. Makes 9-12 brownies.
Try them out and let us know what you think 🙂
To support the #maltameatfreeweek challenge we are giving away a free HappySoaps vegan and plastic-free shampoo or conditioner bar with any purchase of €50 or over from hipandmama.com
The offer is valid only between the 5th and 11th October 2020 and not in conjunction with any other offer.