Pumpkin spice and all things nice!
Kids love it. Grown ups love it! This Pumpkin Bread recipe is a must try! You’ll have a house smelling of sweet autumn spices in no time. Besides that, it’s healthy, egg free and quick and easy to make. We make our own pumpkin puree by roasting the pumpkin for about 20 minutes in the oven and mashing with a fork when it cools.
- 2 cups (280 g) flour of choice (we use wholemeal flour)
- 1/2 cup (150 g) coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mix or 1 tsp each cinnamon & ginger and 1/2 tsp each nutmeg & allspice and a pinch of clove
- pinch of salt
- 1– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) water (at room temp)
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) coconut oil.
- 1 1/2 cups (338 g) fresh pumpkin puree.
- small handful pumpkin seeds, for topping.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PUMPKIN BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl, add in the wet ingredients and mix, just until the flour is combined.
- Don’t over mix, but be sure there is no flour clumps. Taste batter, adjusting flavor or sweetness to your liking.
- Place batter in an oven proof dish.
- Add some pumpkin seeds on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes.
- Once done, let cool for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy the autumn flavours.
As I’m sure you’ve noticed, those are sunflower seeds not pumpkin seeds on the loaf. I got distracted by my little one behind me pulling out all the spices 🤭
Try it out and let us know what you think 🙂